Monday, October 7, 2013

A stroll in the woods

         I really wanted to take some Autumn pictures before the snow falls. Every year it's different, and you never know how long the season is going to be, it could be 2 months, it could be 2 weeks. I guess I should thank global warming for that! The weekend seemed like the perfect opportunity to get out of the city and enjoy nature.

1/1.3  f/16 at ISO200
           One place that I really enjoy and still haven't fully explored is the forest under the Dragalevski Monastery. There is a nice little river that allowed me to take some long water exposures for the first time with the Fuji x100s and it came out with flying colors.

10 sec.  f/11 at ISO400

6.5 sec.  f/8 at ISO200
I have been really impressed with the "T" function of the camera. It's like a smart "bulb" mode and it comes in when you want to have exposure longer than 1 second, since the knob on the camera only goes to 1/4. The 3stop ND filter gave me the opportunity to keep my ISO low where I needed it. Can't wait to go out again and find more stuff about the x100s!

1/30s  f/4 at ISO500
My girlfriend came with me and endured the cold and windy weather for the sake of the pictures! So, I want to thank her for that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment