Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Quinault Rainforest

After another long break from posting on the blog we return to where we left off. After I left New York I traveled to Seattle and went on a road trip through Washington and Oregon. My first stop was the Quinault Rainforest.

35mm 1/80sec, f/4, ISO 1000
It is an amazing place, especially if you don't have much time for hiking the trails around it. You can just drive your car and park it every few miles along the road and discover waterfalls, creeks, huge threes and moss everywhere.

35mm 2sec, f/16, ISO 200
I used my little joby tripod to take the long exposures. I would have preferred my old Benro tripod, but I was happy to be travelling light.

35mm 1/80sec, f/4, ISO 1600

Visiting Quinault was easily one of my best memories from the trip and it proved to be a nice test for the Fuji x100s. Low light hand held shots, macro and long exposures were all there.

35mm 2.5sec, f/16, ISO 250

You can actually do a loop around the lake in search of interesting spots, sadly the road changes from asphalt to gravel halfway through which is not as enjoyable.




No comments:

Post a Comment